Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Good for the Soul

I have been learning all about our qi. Our qi {pronounced "chee"}, focused widely on in Asian cultures, is the energy flow that is running through our bodies.

My qi is one of the things that I am trying to harmonize with this journey that I have begun. The idea is that everyone has a different body composition, and there are foods that either help improve or hinder the functions of the body. There are cool, neutral, and warm compositions.

I have a warm composition. Because of this, I have been eating "cooling" foods (green veggies, brown rice, banana), and staying away from "warming foods" (like pineapple, purple grapes, and wheat). The idea is that I will bring my too-warm body into better harmony.

Another way I am creating harmony is through spiritual meditation. {I'm about to get hippy up in hrrr.} Meditation can get a bad wrap, especially in religious circles. The meditation I'm working on is focusing on my life- the great things in it, thanking God for all of the wonderful things. It encourages looking into the future and seeing the desires of my heart. It allows me to deeply explore the dreams I have for when we have our child, and allows me to just breathe and be at peace.



This is the CD I use to focus. There is peaceful music in the background, and a woman walks me through different topics through a 20 minute session. When it's done, I feel light and happy- like I've allowed myself to enjoy the quiet, and to realize it's ok to dream about the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Your Healing Bread. Powered by