Friday, May 10, 2013


This is something I never thought I would be doing. I never imagined growing our family would be a difficult journey, but here we are! It’s been 14 months since we decided to start trying for our first child. There have been a couple bumps along the way, but nothing that would ever indicate to us that it would be taking {this} long.

I had stopped taking the pill a year before we began to try, and I began using my BBT every month as a guided form of birth control. So by the time we were ready, I knew my body. I knew my cycles. My charts showed a couple signs of hormonal imbalance, which I was able to remedy thanks to the help of vitamin B12, and a vitamin called Vitex. These helped lengthen my luteal phase from 9 days, to 12-13 days.

Luteal phase “fixed”…but still no baby. Multiple medical tests done on both myself and the hubs revealed no abnormalities. That’s a blessing, right?! Sometimes I find myself wishing there was something obvious that could be treated or fixed. At this point, there really is nothing more the Western Medicine doctors can do for me besides start me on rounds of hormone drugs or do exploratory surgery.

There has to be something else, I kept thinking. Something that I haven’t found yet.

 

{So here we are}.

 

I have decided to take the journey into Eastern Medicine’s approach to fertility. It is VERY different from what I am, or you are, used to. They focus on the inner being, and how to physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually prepare your body “to attract” your baby. 

After evaluating my “composition”, I have now made a list of foods that I CAN eat, that will help my body become more in harmony with itself. There is also a list of foods that I CANNOT have. Let’s get real here. I LOVE FOOD. I love to eat. I love junk food. I love sugar, ice cold tea, and fried things. But those are on my no-no list.

Foods I need to AVOID always:
- Dairy (except cottage cheese occasionally)
- Wheat (Gluten-free, anyone?)
- Bleached, processed foods
- Coffee or soda
-Refined sugar of any kind (I can only have organic honey, and in scant amounts)
-Iced or cold beverages or food (Everything has to be warm or body temperature. Preparing myself to order “water, no ice” for the next however-many months!)

So this is my journey. I will share my good days, and my bad. I will probably celebrate my achievements, and cry when I’m frustrated. But in all of it, when I’m wishing so badly that I could have ANYTHING with chocolate, I will remember that God sacrificed Himself for me. God sacrificed his {LIFE} so that I may live. I will pray when I’m struggling on my new Eastern Medicine diet, and remember that through Christ, I have the strength to do anything.

The nourishment that I am going to be giving my body, is that which I believe the Lord intended us to eat. Pure, organic, healthful foods. Looking for a miracle through healing, healthy, clean food.
In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. {Psalm 5:3}
 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post!
    I can't wait to watch your journey and see how God uses your story!

    ReplyDelete

© Your Healing Bread. Powered by