Friday, May 10, 2013

Yesterday was rough for me. I started this exclusion diet without being fully prepared (grocery-wise). I had decided I was going to dive into the Eastern Medicine approach to preparing my body for better fertility, and while telling the hubs about it, I said that I was planning to start my next cycle. His response was, "why don't you start now?"...and so I did. Not that he expected me to, in fact I think he feels kind of sorry for me about all of my dietary restrictions.

We have been in the habit of eating very well 6 days a week, and on the 7th day (usually Saturday) we have our beloved "binge day." We go out for bagels in the morning {and usually throw in a cinnamon roll, too}. We enjoy Five Guys or Penn Station for lunch. There are a few restaurants that are our favorites for dinner on binge day, including Outback Steakhouse or pizza. And lots of snacks and cookies in between.

This day keeps us "sane." We enjoy eating good ol' American "junk" food...and knowing that there is one day a week that we can enjoy it together has been fun. But now he has to decide if he still wants his binge day, and what it will look like. I know he is going to try to be sensitive to me- even though I told him to eat whatever he wants.

I'm not struggling with the idea of "losing" those foods tomorrow as I thought I would. I ate well today. Delicious food, and I felt satisfied and energized all day.

  1. Breakfast: Brown Rice toast, with organic natural peanut butter (no sugar), and organic honey
  2. Lunch: Shredded chicken, steamed asparagus {my puppy finished the three spears I was too full to eat}, and salad with strawberries and sugar-free balsamic vinaigrette
  3. Snacks: Gluten-Free protein bar (peanut butter flavor), Sweet Potato Chips
  4. Dinner: Salad with the balsamic, gluten-free pasta noodles, organic lean ground chuck, and homemade sugar-free marinara sauce

The marinara was just ok. Nothing too special... I thought it was a little heavy on the herbs.

All in all, a pretty good day. I plan to start incorporating more breathing exercises into my routine and really focus a bit more on the 'mind and soul' aspect of this approach starting next week. I need more time to re-read those sections of the book to make sure I understand how to do it correctly.

Time for bed. This plan calls for no less than 8 hours of sleep every night, and with our 13 week old puppy I know I will be getting up early!

Thank you, Lord, for the strength to make it through the day and not give in to a single craving. Not even a tiny one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Your Healing Bread. Powered by